Lintes is glad to announce that our Thunderbolt 4 and USB4 high speed cable are the first to be certified by Intel, Apple and USB-IF in 2020 October. Thunderbolt 4 and USB4 bring a higher speed rate and a more comprehensive communicative solution to the world.
Based on the development of Thunderbolt 3 protocol, the data transferring rate of USB4 could reach to 40 Gbps (20Gbps*2). Not only can it support 100W charging capacity but also work on external graphics. Moreover, USB4 is also compatible with USB 3.2 (Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 2*2), USB 2.0, Thunderbolt 3, and display port, which set a great milestone for port technology. To disclose even more, USB4 is easily applied to every device with Type c port and create more convenient applications to all users.
To make high speed signal transport high quality, USB4 has been designed to consider the difference between USB4 and USB 3 on product architecture. It also overcomes the issue of high frequency impedance matching and reduction of high frequency signal attenuation on PCB and connector, all of which brings huge challenges to USB4 developers.
Thunderbolt 4 cables could support 40Gbps. It could also support two 4K@60Hz monitors at the same time, or a 8K monitor, both are compatible with USB4 device. Good news is that the new Thunderbolt device will be equipped with 4 Thunderbolt Type C port. One port can connect with computer while the other three ports can connect with device/ hub. The new Thunderbolt 4 device could also have the ability to support 2M Thunderbolt 4 Active cable transportation.
What’s new about thunderbolt 4?
- Higher bandwidth for image and data transformation
- Image: support two 4K@60Hz monitors at the same time, or a 8K monitor
- Data transport: PCIe could reach to 32Gbps to leads storage device could reach to 3,000MB/s.
- Provide at least 4 Thunderbolt 4 port
- At least one port to support charging on PC
- Could wake up laptop or computer by clicking keyboard and mouse which connected with Thunderbolt dock
- Support Intel VT-d-based direct memory access（DMA）to avoid physically DMA attack.
- Even though there is not a huge difference between USB4 and Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4 cable still has its advantage: it got every function that USB4 has. Thunderbolt 4 could fulfill the need of customers without having their USB4 products being unsupportive to Thunderbolt 4 signal.
Intel predicts sales volume will be 30% growth on PC/ NB which equipped with CPU: Tiger Lack and could support Thunderbolt 4 and compatible with USB4 and Thunderbolt 3.
And accessory will have nearly 40% growth on sales volume.
The latest application for thunderbolt docking is USB hub. It is believed that the cable demands will have significant rise, too.
Thunderbolt 4 and USB4 are now available in Lintes technology. It is our great honour to provide the most advanced technology and most perfected quality of high speed cables to make people’s work and life more efficient.
* Images are provided by Intel